Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Greyhound

 I have been on a bus for the last 22 hours. I have never experienced traveling this way except for school field trips. 22 hours is a long time. Stopping at stops along the way to drop off or pick up new people. What is happening, I have no idea. My mom and I are asking about the situation at hand. I have no direction because we are not moving forward. This is unsettling to me; I am 12 years old.

I must have looked tired because a man gave me his seat, the back seat of the bus. It is like a bench, and you can spread out instead of trying to rest on two separate seats. Why did this man give up his seat for me? He is young. Where is he going? Has he been on this long ride with me, and I did not see him? What did he see in my situation to give up his god damn seat? Why, I just do not understand.

I told the truth. I told the truth about the touching that did not stop when I spoke up the first time. I know I have been wronged. Why am I feeling bad? Why am I feeling such guilt? I do not remember much about the last 22 hours; it is a blur, but I know enough. Am I being punished? That's the real question.

Our first stop was with my Aunt Fran. Oh my God, oh my Lord, why did you put me with this awful woman? Oh my God, this situation sucks. I feel like I am being really punished. My mom nor anyone has told me what was going on. I am so glad my sister and brother will get to meet her. She is rude, loud, and nasty. I have never met a person this mean. We had to take a taxi because her son did not want to be around her. She yelled at the cab driver from the time he picked us up until he dropped us off. It was an awful thing to watch. The driver being belittled. I do not even know where we are going. I just wonder how my mom can be related to her.

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you. While I was there, I saw a file. Papers from when I was in kindergarten. I am twelve now. Oh, a favorite teacher said something nice about me. I remember making brownies.

Thankfully, my mom realized that a police officer lived nearby, so we had to keep moving to stay hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greyhound

 I have been on a bus for the last 22 hours. I have never experienced traveling this way except for school field trips. 22 hours is a long t...